Polished Concrete Floors Cost
Midland Polished Concrete: the UK's Leading Nationwide Specialists
Factors Affecting Cost
There are a number of factors which can affect the cost of installing a polished concrete floor. Below we have listed the different elements that can impact the cost of the polished concrete floor. Even large areas of polished concrete tend to be over £100 per meter squared, however when you compare this with other alternative options polished concrete can be a cost effective solution. In a standard building there will be many layers in the floor usually something similar to the below:
- Structural Base – Usually costing £50.00 / m2
- Screed Layer – Usually costing £20.00 / m2
- Floor finish i.e. tile – Usually costing £65 / m2.
- Total Cost £135 / m2
If you used the polished concrete floor to replace the structural base, the screed and the floor finish Polished Concrete can work out cheaper than a traditional floor build up. You are very likely to spend any amount up to £115/m² inclusive of installing, finished look as well as sealing. This tends to be based upon the size together with the type of surface finish you decide to install.
Similar to any kind of design process, the bigger in size the area to be fitted, the less polished concrete floor cost per/sq meter will certainly be, areas or floor spaces which might be twenty (20) meters square or even below generally cost around £7800. A great deal of the cost polished concrete floor is usually fixed. For this reason smaller sized surfaces end up costing a lot per m2.
Our usual daily output is around 120m2 and therefore the closer you get to this ideal size the more cost effective polished concrete becomes.
The Concrete Polishing Process
The addition of a colour:
The addition of a colour to the concrete will certainly increase the cost of the polished concrete floor. This is because colours are expensive and add an additional process.
The finished look:
The addition of deeper diamond grinding will increase the cost of the floor. When we are installing a polished concrete floor if you want a finished look that exposes the aggregates then this will increase the cost of the polished concrete floor because we have to use more diamond tools to grind the floor to expose the aggregates. Our refined diamond procedure includes minimal diamond grinding which is accordingly less costly as compared to other floor polished finishes.
Different Floor Coverings that can affect Polished Concrete Floor cost:
Below is a brief number of different polished concrete floor coverings we provide. Going from the least expensive to the most valuable:
- Fine diamond polished micro concrete with – natural 50mm
- Fine diamond polished micro concrete + A Colour – 50mm
- Refined diamond polished Concrete – natural 75mm
- Refined diamond polished Concrete + A Colour – 75mm
- Fine diamond polished Concrete – natural 75mm
- Fine diamond polished Concrete + A Colour – 75mm
- Exposed diamond polished Concrete – natural 75mm
- Exposed diamond polished Concrete + A Colour – 75mm
- Refined diamond polished Concrete – natural 150mm
- Diamond polished Concrete + A Colour – 150mm refined
- Fine diamond polished Concrete – natural 150mm
- Fine diamond polished Concrete + A Colour – 150mm
- Exposed diamond polished Concrete – natural 150mm
- Exposed diamond polished Concrete + A Colour – 150mm
Regardless of which you ultimately choose, we are positive that our polished concrete floor will be a cost well invested in your property.